Our Eco Bags

Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee Uses Eco Friendly Coffee Bags

Hey - we care about the world we live in and what kind of world we are going leave for our kids, our grandkids, their kids, and so on...  

So we decided very early on that we wanted to get the most eco friendly coffee bag available on the market. That's why we sourced Pacific Bag, Inc.'s Biotrē Film Natural Kraft Bags for Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee.  

It might be a little more expensive and cut into Grimpeur Bros.' margin, but we'll make every effort to leave as small as a footprint we can while we're here.

What's so great about state-of-the-art Biotrē Film bags?

First, they protect and keep our micro roasted coffee FRESH. They've passed rigorous coffee package testing by Pacific Bag and our friends at Dallis Bros. They keep Grimpeur Bros. Specialty Coffee at least as fresh as the leading foil or foil/plastic bags (A secret: They keep our coffee fresher for longer).

Second, once they are in the landfill or on the compost pile (yes they are compostable!), they decompose quickly leaving a minimal impact on our world. Biotrē Film is composed of 60% biodegradable materials such as wood pulp. The remaining 40% is comprised of fossil fuel material that's been treated to breakdown over a five to ten year span. This massively reduces our waste stream and is a small step we can all take.

Want to see how it works? Watch these videos of real world compost testing from Pacific Bag, Inc.:





Check out Grimpeur Bros.’ coffees and place your order today!

Ride Your Bike. Drink Great Coffee.
Brooklyn, NY | Austin, TX