America 2019 Single Origin Coffee
Farm: Various small farms
Growing Region: Central & South America
Varietal(s): Various Single Origin Varietals
Altitude: +1,500 MASL
Processing: Washed & patio dried
Tasting Notes: Rich, full-bodied, chocolate, nutty and citrus with a smooth mouthfeel.
Whole beans | 8 oz., 12 oz. & 2 lb. bags
This coffee roasts on a WEEKLY SCHEDULE. WEEKLY orders close on Sundays at 3:00 PM ET and are roasted on Mondays. WEEKLY roasted coffee ships on Wednesdays. All coffee ordered after the WEEKLY Sunday 3:00 PM ET deadline will go into the following week's production.
Profits from the sale of America 2019 are split 50-50 between:
- #ChefsForFeds/WorldCentralKitchen - who are offering food pantries and free hot meals to Federal workers and their families in DC & NOW around the US;
- NoTransMilitaryBan.org & GLAD and NCLR - who are leading the legal fight against the #TransMiliaryBan with Doe v. Trump and Stockman v. Trump.
We are sickened by two things the current federal administration is doing to innocent federal government employees and their families: the government shutdown and moving forward by the transgender military ban.
We believe in the promise of America. We are the children of immigrants and were taught from birth to love:
- Our country and the ideals that we strive for;
- All of the people who make up the rich fabric that is America regardless of their creed, background, color, sexual orientation, gender identification, economic status, and immigration status; and
- The people who serve our country by working for all levels of our government and military. And like many immigrant families, one of our uncles volunteered to serve in the Army during the Vietnam War in '67-'68.
America 2019 beans change seasonally and feature our current favorite Grimpeur Bros. single origin beans from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
The New Colossus
BY EMMA LAZARUS
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”
Ride your bike. Drink great coffee.
Brooklyn, NY | Austin, TX